Today we get to share a little about our friend and partner, Tina Joiner of Tina Joiner Photography. Tina has been in business for 4 years and is described by those who know her as compassionate, passionate and sweet… all wonderful characteristics for a photographer! Her work with the Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep charitable organization exemplifies her compassionate side and we admire and applaud her for her involvement in such an amazing organization. When describing her business in a nutshell Tina says “I offer a boutique style experience as a full service photographer with surprises all along the way! My style can be described as elegant, romantic, and heartfelt. I am passionate about giving you the best possible photos that will last a lifetime while having fun all along the way.”
Here’s a little more about Tina....
• What inspired you want to be a photographer? It started with my kids. I began with newborn photography. I attended a real wedding workshop with Julie Paisley, Photographer (voted one of the top 100 photographers in the country) to see if weddings would be something I would enjoy and I fell head over heals in love with weddings.
• How did you get your start in the special event industry? After I attended the workshop with Julie Paisley I shot 22 weddings that summer.
• How did you learn your craft? I have had amazing photography mentors in my life – Craig Coupland and Bobby Claypool who had both been in the wedding industry for over 10 years. I would always ask them questions and they were extremely open and helpful to me.
• What’s your favorite part of the job? I am a hopeless romantic! I love everything about a wedding. I still get teary eyed a different points in each wedding. I love being able to give my couples a family heirloom with their photos.
• What type of client is best suited for you? My favorite clients are passionate about photography, love my style, and trust me to give them the best experience and photos possible.
• What are your hobbies or non-work-related activities? I love playing softball, reading, running, and spending quality time with friends and family.
• What trends do you love or would like to see be left behind? I love soft details, blush colors, and vintage looks. I would love to see burlap and mason jars left behind though. J
• What would previous clients say was the main reason they chose your company? Beautiful work, fun to work with, and exceeds expectations.
• What sets you apart from other vendors in your category? I go above and beyond to give my clients the best experience possible.
• What tips or advice can you give couples planning their big day?
Focus on the pieces of your wedding that will last forever. J
• How far in advance should couples contact you to start their planning with you? Couples typically book 1 year in advance, but it never hurts to ask if I have your date available for a wedding that is next month.
You can find out more information about Tina and contact Tina Joiner Photography on the Wedding Sites and Services website here: http://www.weddingsitesandservices.com/services/item/26-photography/3200-tina-joiner-