First Look: To do or Not to Do
The infamous First Look, to do or not to do? In theory, seeing your betrothed for the first time when walking down the aisle seems romantic and whimsical, but in reality, laying eyes on your loved one at the same time as everyone else can detract from the moment. Here are seven reasons why a first look is a great idea:
1. It’s more intimate to see each other privately than in front of every guest you’ve invited. The first look may be the only time you spend together the rest of the night.
2. Couples who see each other prior to the ceremony report feeling more relaxed through the rest of the wedding.
3. All of your photos are done before the cocktail hour so you can enjoy your guests…and a cocktail!
4. Seeing each other before allows for you to communicate more genuinely and organically. Don’t worry, your partner will still have that look in his or her eyes when you make your way down the aisle.
5. Timelines, timelines, timelines. There is no way around them. While it is important for you to have time alone with your spouse, it is also important that you tend to your guests in a timely manner.
6. Less time together means fewer photos together. First looks allow for more photos to be taken of the two of you.
7. More time to party like it’s your birthday. The stress leading up to the ceremony is overwhelming.
The last thing you want to do after it has commenced is take more photos. And you won’t be the only people feeling that way. Your wedding party will thank you! Call that photographer and get your first look on the books! You’ll thank us!
For more tips and tricks follow Whitt & Co on Facebook.