An experienced caterer will welcome your suggestions and help develop your reception so that it reflects your own tastes and personality.
Listed below are questions you should consider asking your catering professional before making a final decision.
- What type of food items do you recommend for my budget and number of guests?
- What type of service, sit-down dinner or buffet would you suggest?
- What is the ratio of servers to guests?
- How will the servers be attired?
- Do you handle rental equipment such as tables, chairs, serving pieces, etc.?
- Do you provide linens, glassware, plates and silverware?
- Do you charge a corkage fee per bottle if we provide our own wine or champagne?
- Do you provide liquor? Bartenders?
- Are you licensed to serve alcohol?
- What brands of alcohol will be served?
- What is the charge for set-ups (soda, ice)?
- Do you provide the wedding cake? If not, is there a cake cutting fee?
- What is the last date I can give you a final guest count?
- What is the payment policy? Do you accept credit cards?
- How much of a deposit is required to hold the date?
- What is your refund or cancellation policy?
- Can you provide a list of references?